School districts and municipalities struggle to meet their financial objectives and meet the needs of their employees like other corporations. These organizations also have a unique responsibility unlike other employers since they have fiscal and moral responsibility for their community as a member of the public sector.
Employee and retirement benefits are a significant cost area to both the public and private section and have become an important component in attracting quality employees. At Aquarius Capital, we assist employers in evaluating and managing their employee benefits portfolio, including health care, life insurance, disability coverage and retirement plans. We also provide other solutions to challenges unique to organizations in the public sector.
Services that we can offer employers include the following:
- Partner selection for benefits, including due diligence reviews and ongoing audits.
- Plan design evaluation and selection for both traditional and voluntary benefits.
- Pricing and evaluation, including flexible benefits pricing, actuarial reviews, COBRA pricing, and reserve valuation for benefit programs.
- Review and analysis of post employment and retirement benefits, including medical, life and other retirement benefits (e.g., FAS 106, SOP92-6, GASB 45 liabilities). This would include developing strategies to mitigate and reduce these liabilities as needed.
- Buyouts of retiree benefits for legacy populations and plan designs possibly the result of collective bargaining (a unique solution for handling high cost and administrative challenges of these benefits).
- Purchasing and evaluation of student accident insurance coverage(s), including catastrophic insurance.
- Creative financial solutions for life insurance endowment programs (e.g., life settlements).
- Consulting and resource for collective bargaining negotiation focused on employment benefits and retirement benefits
- Insurance brokering and consulting for all lines of employee and retirement benefits.
- Contract and agreement reviews including management of termination of agreements.
- Conduct pre-renewal analysis with carriers for budget planning and renewal negotiating leverage.
- Assist client with financial forecasting, feasibility studies and budgeting for clients beyond benefits.
- Conduct vendor audits and forensic reviews including claims, eligibility and troubleshooting data issues.
- Develop strategies for specialty workforces such as part-time and 1099 employees including substitute teachers and specialty service/seasonal employees.
Partner selection would include both insurance companies and administrators that support benefits for those clients that are self-funded. This includes insurance carriers, claims administrators, provider networks, managed care entities, contribution strategy/ design and stop loss reinsurance coverage as needed. We are experts in this area and will work with our clients to tailor the program that best meets their personal needs.
For additional details pertaining to services offered, please review the Services section of our website and then contact us at 914-933-0063 or e-mail us at Michael.Frank@AquariusCapital.com.